Each year OEMA solicits nominations to recognize our peers in three categories: Innovation, Coordination and Service. We honor members and partners (non-members) in all three categories, based upon one of his or her accomplishments during the past OEMA fiscal year. Any OEMA member, supervisor, or elected official may nominate a qualified candidate. Individuals may submit more than one nomination. The nomination period and process is typically announced in late summer of each year.
Awardees are selected by the OEMA Executive Board and they and their nominators are then notified. Awards presentations are made at the Annual Conference banquet.
- Member – Service: Nancy Bush and Sarah Eckman – Clackamas County Disaster Management
- Partner – Coordination: Sue Moniker –
- Partner – Service: Cory Jones – Oregon National Guard
- OEMA President’s Award: Kelly Jo Craigmiles – Oregon Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- OEMA Volunteer of the Year: Dianne Mekkers – American Red Cross
- OEMA Lifetime Membership Award: Sue Otjen – Oregon State Fire Marshals Office (Retired)
- OEM Emergency Manager of the Year: Sara Rubreht – Josephine County Sheriff’s Office